As part of the inquiry on PIP and ESA Assessments, the Work and Pensions Committee would like to hear about your experience of claiming PIP or ESA.
The web forum closes on Friday 10 November 2017.
If you have had an assessment, or are waiting for an assessment, for PIP or ESA, they would like to hear from you.
You might want to tell them about:
- Did you feel that the right decision on your entitlement to ESA/PIP was reached as a result of your initial assessment?
- If not—what do you feel were the reasons for this?
- If you have experience of Mandatory Reconsideration, did you find this stage effective and useful? How might it be improved?
- Overall, how “claimant-friendly” did you find the assessment process?
- What steps would you recommend taking to improve it?
They have received an overwhelming response on this forum and they are really grateful to all of you who have posted. They moderate this forum so posts that breach discussion rules do not appear: please bear with them while they approve and post the comments you’ve sent them. Please be assured they are reading them all, and what you have told them will contribute to their inquiry.
Please read the forum terms and conditions and discussion rules before posting your comment.
Please follow this link to add your feedback: